Dear Clients, Colleagues and Friends Updated 05/01/2021
We have put many measures in place to ensure both clients and staff are protected and you can access veterinary care and medication without unnecessary contact.
To make this possible we have conducted another risk assessment and concluded the following procedures will help keep us all safe:
- PPE – Our team will continue to wear full PPE including a medical grade mask, visor, gloves and disposable apron. This can make communication more difficult so much contact will be by telephone. To keep practice phone lines clear for emergencies we may call from a withheld number so please do answer these if your pet is in the practice. Please wear a face covering when visiting us
- Booking an appointment – We need to assess the risk of any individual attending the practice, even if not entering the premises, with a few simple questions:
- Do you have a new persistent cough, fever or any change in your sense of smell?
- Does anyone in your household have coronavirus symptoms?
- Have you been in contact with anyone testing positive to coronavirus?
- Are you isolating for any reason?
- Have you travelled outside the UK in the past 14 days?
- On Arrival – We will ask clients to report to shed quarters (hut in the carpark) then return to and remain in their vehicles for consultations. A member of the clinical team will collect your pet from the car. We will telephone for patient history and treatment discussions.
- Consults – We will be offering sick patient consults in-person, via video call or telephone. For now we are continuing to offer vaccinations. Remote consults will need to be paid for at booking and are admissible for the following things:
- Acute lameness
- Some skin conditions
- Post op checks
- Some medicine checks
Any medication prescribed can be paid for at the end of the consultation and a collection appointment made with the client care team.
- Operations – We will continue to perform operations including neutering. Our external surgeon team will be using the same PPE during visits to keep us all safe.
- Postponed services – We will not be offering the following services during lockdown, home visits, nail clips, weigh and worms, registration checks, weight clinics and anal gland expression unless there is a welfare issue. Do ring and ask us to put you on the postponed list for post lockdown.
- Euthanasia – we will continue to allow 1 client to be present during lockdown. You must remain outside the building until everything is set up. We need your name and temperature to be taken and recorded, hands must be sanitised before entry and a face cover must be worn.
- Medicines collections – Need to be contactless so must be paid for before collection.
- An appointment needs to be booked for all collections
- We require at least 48hrs to get repeat prescriptions ready.
- The Shedquarters team will place medicines inside the collection box when you arrive.
- Payments – Once treatment is concluded the vet/nurse will call to explain what has been done. Calls will then be transferred to the client care team to book any further visits and take payment for treatment over the phone.
- Contactless payment is preferred, via phone if possible.
- We will not accept cash unless there is no other way of taking payment.
- If the card machine and pin are used clients should hand sanitise before use.
Whatever happens please be assured we are here for you and your pets. The practice will remain staffed every day and we are available by phone on 01462 416416, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or message us through Facebook @henlowvets. We are able to post medicines in order to avoid an unnecessary visits should you wish, a post and packing charge will need to be applied to cover our costs.
These are worrying times for us all, but I speak for the whole team at Henlow Vets when I say that we will be working hard through this period to ensure we provide the best care and service that’s possible within the rules that we must follow.
Please take care and stay safe,
Graeme Mason Practice Manager
Welcome to Henlow Vets
“Treating your pets as if they were our own”
Anna, Graeme and the team at Henlow Veterinary Centre offer you a warm welcome.
We are an independent, family run veterinary practice who believe in treating your pets as if they are our own. We are committed to providing the highest quality care and treatment to your pet and also to treating them with respect and dignity at all times.
We want you and your pets to feel welcome and secure, from the first moment you make contact with us to the moment you leave the practice, and throughout your ongoing journey with us.
To this end we have developed a warm, inviting place filled with highly experienced staff, who have been chosen because of their great compassion and dedication.
“Henlow Vets have quite simply been fantastic, my cats are treated as if they are their own and the practice feels so friendly and warm. They are incredibly caring and I have been seen when I have been worried, I was constantly reassured and nothing is too much trouble. My 4 Siamese boys have blossomed under their care I feel very much part of the Henlow Vets family. Thank you all for everything you have done to support me and the boys through the last few months. AMAZING!”
Anna and Lenny, Louis, Marco & Paxton
“Thanks to all the wonderful treatment from Henlow Vets, this week Cookie has been enjoying short walks around Northumberland castles, along beaches, and at Hadrian’s Wall. Our thanks to the whole team!”
Blake Stephenson and Cookie
I joined Henlow vets when they first opened and I can say that they have always been very accommodating over the years. But Sunday morning Anna and her team were amazing, they responded with speed to my sos, Tula got the very best of care and the delivery of her 6 pups. They are a wonderful group of people and I can only recommend them as this is a veterinary surgery which really cares about the animals and there owners. Keep up the good work especially in these tough times. Hannah
Life-long commitment to you and your family
From choosing the right pet through to saying goodbye and bereavement aftercare. We’re here for you at all stages of your pet’s life
An individual approach to your pet's healthcare
Including tailor made preventative treatments, feeding, lifestyle and exercise plans. Because prevention is always better than cure
Your pet's well-being is our highest priority
We provide extra long appointment times, high spec equipment and facilities, separate dog and cat waiting areas and nurse clinics
Not been to us before? Register your pet
Henlow Healthy Pets
Regular health checks, preventative vaccinations, flea and worm treatments and a balanced diet are key. We make it really easy for you with Henlow Healthy Pets.
Click on the star to find out more about the health club and how your pet could benefit.